Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thus, it begins

Bouncing up a muddy, rutted road I can't help but wonder; am I lost, again. But not to worry because lost or not this is a beautiful drive with a spectacular view. I continue to climb and slide around muddy turns until I come upon an old mountain cabin and a little sign (piece of paper) simply stating, 'CRMPI.'  I take a few minutes to breath some pure mountain air and admire the heavy clouds above and lightly falling snow. Silence fills the open space around and I set to knocking on doors, hoping somebody is home. I am then greeted by Jerome and Danita with warm soup and hot tea. Jerome is the founder/ owner of CRMPI and has been living here for 35 years. Danita is a past student of Jerome's who has returned to live and work here because of a deep respect for the place. She has been here all winter and though snow still covers the ground and yesterday's high was 38*F her and Jerome fully recognize that Spring is arriving and are both very excited. They also agree that I have arrived at the perfect time. I couldn't agree more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment